Salinas, CA (April 30, 2021) – Lucas Oil SlickMist Championship driver, Tomy Drissi, heads to Laguna Seca for Round 3 of the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli 2021 season.
“We’ve been the fastest team this season but we’ve run into some technical difficulties which has not given us the results we expected.” Drissi said. “Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks and it’s close to home, so we’re going to continue to focus on bringing home the 2021 championship.”
This year’s Trans Am Laguna Seca race is an extra special event for Drissi; not only is it the closest to his Los Angeles home and one of his favorite tracks, but Drissi will also be racing the original Factory Jim Hall Chaparral Trans Am 1970 Chevy Camaro in SVRA. The historic car was raced by both Jim Hall and Vic Elford in the early 70s, and Elford took home a win at Watkins Glen that season.
In support of Brian Redman’s efforts to raise money for Vic Elford’s ongoing health issues, Drissi will hold the previous driver in his heart as he races the #1 Chaparral Camaro this weekend. To join Drissi and Redmen in their efforts to help Vic Elford and his family during this trying time, we encourage you to donate via the following link: https://bit.ly/3aJyNwz
Heading into Round 3 at Laguna Seca, Drissi is one of the top contenders for the 2021 championship. You can follow Tomy Drissi and Lucas Oil SlickMist on May 2, 2021 by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store or by following Tomy Drissi on his social media on the links below.
About Lucas SlickMist:
Lucas Oil SlickMist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use SlickMist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
About Tomy Drissi
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division.
He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport
(Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 IMSA Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 IMSA WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 2018 Part Time National Championship TA Season Win at Walkins Glen
- 2019 Part Time National Championship TA Season Trans Am Series, 5 podiums, 7 top fives
- 2020 National Championship Trans Am Season 1 win, 6 podiums, 7 top fives
- Career: 19 wins, 64 podiums, 88 top fives and 12 poles
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia – email@example.com