Trans Am Champion, Tomy Drissi, turned in a solid run at this weekend’s Monster Energy event at Sonoma Raceway. Teamed up with StarCom Racing, Tomy continued his partnership with GoShare as the primary sponsor for StarCom Racing #00 Chevy.
“I’m pleased with our result for the weekend,” noted Tomy. “We came into the event with realistic expectations and I think we met them. Sonoma Raceway is one of the the most technical tracks in the North America. It was one tough race with the toughest teams and drivers in the world. We had some good runs out there…….. I learned a lot that will make us better the next time. Obviously, this is one of the most competitive series in the world. Given the talent and budgets, it’s important the team sets attainable goals. I couldn’t be happier with StarCom Racing. The crew worked hard and gave me a good reliable car. We stayed out of trouble and brought the car home intact.”
“I was extremely proud to represent GoShare on the #00 Chevy, added Tomy. “The Camaro featured the same livery as our Trans Am Camaro which is based on the livery of my 1970 vintage Chaparral Camaro. I think the car looked great!”
“I had a lot of confidence in the StarCom team and their preparation of the car,” Tomy continued. “Running among the quality of talent in NASCAR puts a lot of demand on every member of the team. I want to especially thank Elyshia and Derrick Cope, StarCom, GoShare, the Arthritis Foundation and all the folks that support this team and a special thank you to Cladio Burtin for helping coordinate this ride.
StarCom Racing, a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Team, based in North Carolina was launched in September 2017. SCR acquired a Charter and is currently running a full schedule for 2018. SCR was formed by a collective group of seasoned NASCAR specialists, as well as successful business entrepreneurs from SCR’s parent company, StarCom Fiber.
GoShare’s Mission is to make the delivery of big-box items as easy and convenient as a click away from the purchase transaction. GoShare’s Vision is to own the last-mile delivery of big-box items utilizing the largest network of trucks and vans in the world. As consumers demand faster delivery for their products, retailers and wholesalers must adapt and deliver products like never before. The dedicated team at GoShare has been working diligently these past three years to develop modern transportation solutions for businesses which sell bulky items including furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronics, and more. GoShare has successfully created a platform to seamlessly connect truck & van owners with retailers who need help with the cumbersome and ungrateful task of delivering goods from store to home, “The last mile.”
Keep up with Tomy at http://www.tomydrissi.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tomydrissi/ – Catch Tomy’s Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/tomydrissi
Tomy Drissi is an American driver and Trans Am Champion.
His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, NASCAR and Speed World Challengea
Born December 9 in Hollywood, California, Tomy owns an advertising firm that produces upcoming film displays for cinemas.
Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
• 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year,
• 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver,
• 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the Year
• 2000 Trans-Am Long Beach Champion
• 2009 Trans-Am Champion.
• 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mid Ohio
• 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mid Ohio,1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and second at Road Atlanta -Petit Le Mans.
• 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and second at the season finale, Petit Lemans.
• 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th.
• 2014 IMSA LMPC at Daytona 3rd.
• 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
• 2015 TUDOR Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2016 WeatherTech Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
• 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta