Sebring, FL (February 25, 2021) – Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Championship driver Tomy Drissi started off another year at Sebring International Raceway with Lucas Oil SlickMist and Burtin Racing. Starting the weekend off as a true Rockin-Moroccan by setting the fastest lap in the final practice and being one of only two drivers to break the sub-two minute time in qualifying, Drissi started the year off with a strong finish.
“It was a roller coaster of a weekend.” said Drissi. “We were strong in practice and got the fastest time and broke into the 1:59s in qualifying which only two Trans Am drivers have ever done. Starting on the front row was great for the Lucas Oil SlickMist Chevy Camaro. I had a great battle with Andretti, which let Ernie get a pretty good lead. I was able to run him down and take first. I dropped back to second again and pressured him for quite awhile. I made a mistake trying to pass for the lead again which made me lose some spots and I dropped to fourth. It’s frustrating to have the lead and watch it slip away. Congratulations to Dyson for the win. The Lucas Oil SlickMist Chevy Camaro was fast. It shows how strong we are this year and we’re going to race for wins and the 2021 championship. Team Burtin did such a good job and the car was fast. I’m excited about Burtin Racing’s home track (Road Atlanta) next month.”
Heading into round two at Road Atlanta, Drissi is one of the top contenders for the 2021 championship. You can follow Tomy Drissi and Lucas Oil SlickMist on March 28, 2021 by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store or by following Tomy Drissi on his social media on the links below.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion.
His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division.
He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport
(Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 IMSA Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 IMSA WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 2018 Part Time National Championship TA Season Win at Walkins Glen
- 2019 Part Time National Championship TA Season Trans Am Series, 5 podiums, 7 top fives
- 2020 National Championship Trans Am Season 1 win, 6 podiums, 7 top fives
- Career: 19 wins, 64 podiums, 88 top fives and 12 poles
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia – firstname.lastname@example.org