Austin, TX (November 5, 2020) – Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Former Champion, Tomy Drissi, is heading out to Circuit of the Americas for the next round of the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Championship. Starting from the second row in 2019, Drissi got tangled up in a first lap incident at the iconic turn one which forced him to lose a lot of ground. Despite the incident, The “Rockin Moroccan” was able to regain his positions and finish on the podium. The Lucas SlickMist driver is looking to follow his success from last year at the challenging track with another Texas podium.
“I know we got a bad start in 2019 after the first lap incident, but we are confident that we can pull off another successful finish.” Drissi said of the 2019 race. “COTA is such a technical and fast track but we are prepared for the challenge. Everyone at Lucas SlickMist and Burtin Racing team has been great and I cannot thank them enough. We are all looking forward to this weekend.”
Going into Circuit of the Americas, Drissi a contender for the 2020 championship with five races left on the schedule.
Circuit of Americas – November 8, 2020
Road Atlanta – November 21 & 22, 2020 (Double Header)
Laguna Seca – December 6, 2020
You can follow the Lucas SlickMist Camaro and Tomy Drissi live by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 TUDOR Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 13 wins, 51 podiums, approximately 75 top fives and 12 poles
- Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media at the following:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia – email@example.com
About the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli:
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli began igniting the passion of motorsports fans across the world in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing, through meaningful racing platforms and a driver-oriented focus. The Trans Am Series is operated by The Trans Am Race Company, LLC (TARC), and oversees the management and marketing of the Trans Am Series, presented by Pirelli. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides operations services to the Series.
2018 Champions include: Ernie Francis, Jr. (TA), Rafa Matos (TA2), Alline Cipriani (SGT) and Warren Dexter (GT).
For more on the Series visit www.gotransam.com, “like” Trans Am on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gotransam, or follow Trans Am on Twitter @gotransam
For media inquiries, contact:
Amy Greenway at firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Cleary at email@example.com