The Toyota/Save Mart 350 is a 218.9 miles (352.3 km) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event held annually at Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point in Sonoma, California. The race is one of only two Sprint Cup races annually run on a road circuit (the other being Watkins Glen). This is the second year JR Racing has recruited Tomy Drissi’s road racing expertise for the event.
Tomy Drissi and Jay Robinson Racing fought tough conditions all afternoon with the #66 Hercules NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team at The Toyota/SaveMart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, but Drissi remained upbeat about the team’s 38th place finish.
“Boy, we had to fight for every inch out there today,” said Tomy following Sunday’s race. “We might be a small team… but these guys have a big heart. They put up a great fight.”
“This is a great race and a great experience,” added Tomy. “These “Cup” guys are really good in these cars. They really treated me with lots of respect and I tried to give them back the same. They are really good to me.”
“Big shout out to race winner Carl Edwards,” Tomy continued. “I’m so happy for him. He’s earned everything he gets and deserve nothing but good. What a class guy he is.”
Edwards’ win is his first career victory on a road course, and he’d never been higher than third at Sonoma. The win, his second of this season and locks him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field.
Next up for Tomy is the TUDOR Patron North American Endurance Championship Sahlen’s 6 Hours at the Glen, Sunday, June 29
All four classes of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship will be in action on Sunday in a six-hour race on the legendary 3.4-mile circuit. The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen – Round 3 of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup – takes the green flag at 11:15 a.m. ET on FOX Sports 1. The broadcast starts at 11:00 a.m. ET and ends 5:30 p.m. ET.
Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson, opens in theaters July 25th. Both man and myth, Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) leads a band of mercenaries to help end a bloody civil war in the land of Thrace and return the rightful king to his throne. A tormented soul from birth, Hercules has the strength of a God but feels the suffering of a human.
Unimaginable villains will test the mythical power of Hercules in Director Brett Ratner’s gritty take on one of the most epic action heroes of the ages.
Tomy Drissi is an American driver and Trans Am Champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, NASCAR and Speed World Challenge.
Born December 9 in Hollywood, California, Tomy owns an advertising firm that produces upcoming film displays for cinemas. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
• 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year,
• 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver,
• 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the Year
• 2000 Trans-Am Long Beach Champion
• 2009 Trans-Am Champion.
• 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mid Ohio
• 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mid Ohio,1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and second at Road Atlanta -Petit Le Mans.
• 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and second at the season finale, Petit Lemans.
• 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th.
• 2014 IMSA LMPC at Daytona 3rd.
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi.