Braselton, GA (November 23, 2020) – Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Former Champion, Tomy Drissi, finished up the 2020 Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Championship with a double podium at Road Atlanta this weekend. The double header weekend marked an unexpected end to the season as Laguna Seca was canceled at the last moment. This put Drissi just a few points shy of the Championship, being inched out by Ernie Francis Jr.
“We thought we were going to have another shot at Ernie for the championship and we went into Road Atlanta with a comfortable 2nd place, but we gave it all we had and just ran out of time in the season. Everyone was scrambling to adapt to the changes that 2020 brought but I have to send a big thank you to the entire Trans Am staff and organizers as well as Lucas SlickMist and Burtin Racing to make this year happen.” Drissi said when asked about the 2020 season.
“I was glad we were able to finish off the season with a podium on each race. We have the best team and partners, and this shows it. It was a busy weekend and the competition was fierce which makes it even greater to drive the Lucas SlickMist Camaro by Burtin Racing to the podium on both races.”
The veteran driver, Tomy Drissi, finished second in the first round at Road Atlanta, a mere 0.174 seconds behind team mate Martin Ragginger for a stunning finish for the Burtin Racing team and finished 3rd on Sunday as Chris Dyson dominated the top step of the podium with a flag to flag lead.
You can watch the 2020 season for the Lucas SlickMist Camaro driven by Tomy Drissi by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store and you can follow Tomy Drissi on his social media from the links below.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion.
His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 IMSA Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 IMSA WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 2019 Trans Am Series, 6 podiums, 8 top fives
- 13 wins, 51 podiums, 75 top fives and 12 poles
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli:
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli began igniting the passion of motorsports fans across the world in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing, through meaningful racing platforms and a driver-oriented focus. The Trans Am Series is operated by The Trans Am Race Company, LLC (TARC), and oversees the management and marketing of the Trans Am Series, presented by Pirelli. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides operations services to the Series.
2018 Champions include: Ernie Francis, Jr. (TA), Rafa Matos (TA2), Alline Cipriani (SGT) and Warren Dexter (GT).