Plymouth, WI (August 5, 2020) – The Lucas SlickMist Camaro and Tomy “The Rockin’ Moroccan” Drissi are preparing for another 2020 win in The Trans Am Presented by Pirelli Series, this time at Road America. Coming off his victory at Brainerd, the 2009 Trans Am Champion is focused on points in the 2020 Championship while putting on a show that the fans tune in to watch.
Drissi’s Hollywood flair and dedication to winning is obvious both on and off the track. The Advertising guru started the 2020 season charging from the back of the field to claim second at the season opener in Sebring. If that weren’t enough, Drissi would rebound from an early race incident on a wet Mid-Ohio track to place the visibly damaged Camaro into 4th. To top it off, Drissi would register his first win of the year at Brainerd after a classic dual with Amy Ruman.
Drissi is no stranger to the competition at Road America. The veteran driver has turned laps in machines such as the Lola 332 F5000, T70 Mk 3b, NASCAR IMSA and of course Trans Am.
“Getting back to Road America is going to be one of the highlights of this season for me and it’s going to be great to relive all the memories of all the races that I have there. I’m a big fan of the track and the people, some of my best memories are racing there with legends of the sport.” Drissi said while reflecting on racing in the Brian Redman Classic. “This year is extra special since it’s the first year we are going to show off the Lucas SlickMist Camaro and there isn’t a better track to battle for the points at than Road America.”
Coming out of Brainerd, Drissi is currently in second place for the championship and only a handful of points away from the multi-champion Ernie Francis Jr.
You can follow the Lucas SlickMist Camaro and Tomy Drissi live by downloading the Trans Am Presented by Pirelli app in the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
About Lucas Slick Mist:
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.
Follow Lucas Oil on Social Media at:
About Tomy Drissi:
Tomy Drissi is an American racing driver, multi-winner IMSA driver, and Trans Am champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, and NASCAR.
Born December 9th in Hollywood, California, Tomy also owns a motion picture creative advertising agency. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
- 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year
- 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver
- 2000 Long Beach Grand Prix Champion
- 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the year
- 2009 Trans-Am Champion
- 2010 ALMS (one-off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mild Ohio
- 2011 Drissi teamed up with Kyle Marcelli for a return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mild Ohio, 1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and 2nd at Road Atlanta- 10 hour Petit Le Mans
- 2012 Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and 2nd at the season finale, 10 hour Petit Lemans.
- 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th
- 2014 IMSA LMPC Rolex 24 at Daytona 3rd
- 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
- 2015 TUDOR Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2016 WeatherTech Series, 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
- 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul 10 hour Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta
- 2018 Trans Am Series West Champion
- 13 wins, 51 podiums, approximately 75 top fives and 12 poles
- Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi, with two beautiful children, Elin and Jagger.
Follow Tomy Drissi on Social Media at the following:
For media inquiries and booking opportunities:
Contact Julia – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli:
The Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli began igniting the passion of motorsports fans across the world in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing, through meaningful racing platforms and a driver-oriented focus. The Trans Am Series is operated by The Trans Am Race Company, LLC (TARC), and oversees the management and marketing of the Trans Am Series, presented by Pirelli. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides operations services to the Series.
2018 Champions include: Ernie Francis, Jr. (TA), Rafa Matos (TA2), Alline Cipriani (SGT) and Warren Dexter (GT).