Trans Am Champion, Tomy Drissi, will team up with StarCom Racing for this weekend’s Monster Energy event at Sonoma Raceway, Sunday, June 24. An experienced road course veteran with a 2018 season best first place finish in theTrans Am West series at Indianapolis last weekend, Tomy will continue his partnership with GoShare as the primary sponsor for StarCom Racing 00 Chevy.
“GoShare is excited to be a part of the NASCAR race in Sonoma with Tomy Drissi in our first appearance with the Monster Energy Cup Series,” stated Shaun Savage, CEO of GoShare. “Tomy has been an excellent brand supporter of GoShare and motorsport has given us an opportunity to get in front of a wide-ranging audience. We look forward to cheering Tomy on this weekend in Sonoma.”
“I’m really looking forward to the weekend,” noted Tomy. “When it comes to NASCAR, I consider Sonoma as my home track. I couldn’t be happier to be running with StarCom Racing and representing GoShare on the #00 Chevy. We’re featuring the same livery we’re been running on our Trans Am Camaro which is based on the livery of my 1970 vintage Chaparral Camaro. It looks great!”
“Knowing the track is a big help as we get acclimated to the car,” added Tomy. “I have a lot of confidence in the Cope’s and the StarCom team… and running among the quality of talent in NASCAR makes for a fun weekend. I’m excited to be here.”
StarCom Racing, a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Team, based in North Carolina was launched in September 2017. SCR acquired a Charter and is currently running a full schedule for 2018. SCR was formed by a collective group of seasoned NASCAR specialists, as well as successful business entrepreneurs from SCR’s parent company, StarCom Fiber.
GoShare’s Mission is to make the delivery of big-box items as easy and convenient as a click away from the purchase transaction. GoShare’s Vision is to own the last-mile delivery of big-box items utilizing the largest network of trucks and vans in the world. As consumers demand faster delivery for their products, retailers and wholesalers must adapt and deliver products like never before. The dedicated team at GoShare has been working diligently these past three years to develop modern transportation solutions for businesses which sell bulky items including furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronics, and more. GoShare has successfully created a platform to seamlessly connect truck & van owners with retailers who need help with the cumbersome and ungrateful task of delivering goods from store to home, “The last mile.”
Keep up with Tomy at http://www.tomydrissi.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tomydrissi/ – Catch Tomy’s Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/tomydrissi
Tomy Drissi is an American driver and Trans Am Champion.
His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, NASCAR and Speed World Challengea
Born December 9 in Hollywood, California, Tomy owns an advertising firm that produces upcoming film displays for cinemas.
Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
• 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year,
• 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver,
• 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the Year
• 2000 Trans-Am Long Beach Champion
• 2009 Trans-Am Champion.
• 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mid Ohio
• 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mid Ohio,1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and second at Road Atlanta -Petit Le Mans.
• 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and second at the season finale, Petit Lemans.
• 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th.
• 2014 IMSA LMPC at Daytona 3rd.
• 2014 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Finished 19th at The Glen
• 2015 TUDOR Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2016 WeatherTech Series. 2nd Place Rolex 24 at Daytona
• 2017 Three wins in the Trans Am Series
• 2017 WeatherTech Series. 1st Place Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta