Tomy Drissi announced today he will be teaming up with Jay Robinson Racing and the #66 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team to drive The Toyota/SaveMart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, June 22. The Toyota/Save Mart 350 is a 218.9 miles (352.3 km) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event held annually at Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point in Sonoma, California. This race is one of only two Sprint Cup races annually run on a road circuit (the other being Watkins Glen).
Always thrilled to drive in front of the NASCAR fans, Tomy anticipates a great race and big fan response to the #66 Hercules liveried Cup car.
“The only thing more fun than driving a Cup car is driving a Cup car at Sonoma,” said Tomy. “These guys are so good… it’s such a good show and really great racing. And, the fans are unbelievable. They’re going to love the the Hercules car. We’ve gone all out on the graphics package, and I’m confident that the Jay Robison Racing crew will have a fast car right off the trailer.”
Excited to be partnering with the team, this will be Tomy’s 2nd year in row with JRR at Sonoma.
“This is a very important race for our team,” Jay Robinson said. “We are in a very tight points battle. I am very confident in Tomy’s ability to bring home a good finish.”
The green flag will fly for The Toyota/SaveMart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, June 22 at 3PM and will air live on TNT. The race is scheduled for 110 laps (218.9 miles).
Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson, opens in theaters July 25th. Both man and myth, Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) leads a band of mercenaries to help end a bloody civil war in the land of Thrace and return the rightful king to his throne. A tormented soul from birth, Hercules has the strength of a God but feels the suffering of a human.
Unimaginable villains will test the mythical power of Hercules in Director Brett Ratner’s gritty take on one of the most epic action heroes of the ages.
Tomy Drissi is an American driver and Trans Am Champion. His driver experience includes ALMS, Trans-Am, NASCAR and Speed World Challenge.
Born December 9 in Hollywood, California, Tomy owns an advertising firm that produces upcoming film displays for cinemas. Drissi’s first racing experience in motorsports was street racing on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills.
Tomy’s professional racing career highlights include:
• 1999 Trans-Am Rookie of the Year,
• 2000 Trans-Am BBS Most Improved Driver,
• 2000 Trans-Am Crew of the Year
• 2000 Trans-Am Long Beach Champion
• 2009 Trans-Am Champion.
• 2010 ALMS (one off race) Prototype LMP1 3rd. at Mid Ohio
• 2011 saw Tomy’s return to the American Le Mans LMPC division. He scored a 2nd at Long Beach, 3rd at Lime Rock, 1st at Mid Ohio,1st at Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix and second at Road Atlanta -Petit Le Mans.
• 2012, Drissi teamed with Bruno Junqiera for finishing 2nd at Laguna Seca, a win at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), 2nd at Baltimore and second at the season finale, Petit Lemans.
• 2013 NASCAR CUP/Nationwide. Best result at Mid Ohio starting 38th and finishing 19th.
• 2014 IMSA LMPC at Daytona 3rd.
Tomy is married to Lacy Livingston Drissi.